Cardboard recycling is similar to paper recycling. Recycling cardboard significantly reduces production costs: the volume of wood, water, energy, and CO2 emissions, and most importantly, it helps to save our planet. Let’s see closer below how this becomes possible.
2 categories of cardboard on an excellent sorting
Cardboard objects are divided into two categories:
– Recovered household packaging:
◦ this is raw cardboard, such as boxes, etc. ;
◦ easy to recycle;
◦ contain other materials, such as aluminum or plastic;
◦ will require special processing to separate the different raw materials.
Cardboard collection: municipal containers
Cardboard must be disposed of in the appropriate container to be recycled. Unfortunately, some municipalities do not organize paper and cardboard collections except for bottles and flasks. They only collect household waste, bulky items, or public dumps. Whereas in some other countries, as depicted in the picture above, some people make their living by collecting cardboard…
Cardboard transformation: new products
Recycling transforms it into new material thanks to a good sorting of cardboard. This material goes to the industrialists who can produce:
– crates, shoe boxes, egg packs;
– rolls of gift wrap, toilet paper, tissues, etc.
Design and creative leisure: the second life of cardboard
With the craze for DIY over the last few years, cardboard has greatly interested decorating professionals and individuals eager to create.
You can transform solid cardboard into a piece of furniture or a decorative object.
Recycled cardboard: for individuals or professionals
The creation of cardboard furniture interests:
– designers of ephemeral stands for trade shows;
– designers of furniture and decorative objects;
– individuals, as a creative leisure activity and personal production.
Cardboard furniture: a new trend
Making cardboard furniture is very rewarding:
– free and inexhaustible recovery of large and thick cardboard boxes from cluttered professionals who do not always know what to do with them:
◦ garage owners happy to do a service and do a good deed (cartons for transporting bumper sheets in particular);
◦ printers (paper transport boxes);
– great solidity of the cardboard: resists 10 years to all the evils with a suitable varnish;
– ecological approach;
– unlimited creative possibilities, etc.
Cardboard recycling: not yet optimized
However, it is not always easy to find the necessary cardboard:
– large cardboard plates with double or even triple flutes are not very common;
– the boards are difficult to transport and take up space;
– DIY and hobby stores have not yet taken on board the challenges of the approach and do not provide enough materials.
To learn how to recycle wood, read this page.
This post is incomplete without your participation. Please remember to share your opinion in the comments below.
- What is ecology?
- The Environment and Factors Affecting it
- The three core environmental protection efforts
- Eco-friendly Construction – Advantages of Green Building
- How to Get USDA Organic Certification
- FAQs about Cooking Oil Recycling
- FAQs about Composting
- 7 Easy Ways to Reduce Ocean Plastic Pollution
- 5 Ways to Convert Excrement into Environmentally-Friendly Use
- Why are Bees Important to our Planet
- A Guide to Using Plastic Containers
- What is Inert Waste
- Why Go “Zero Waste”
- How To Conserve Resources And Save Our Planet
- A Regrettable Reality: Ecological Crime Mafias
- What Are the Procedures for HQE Certifications?
- How Do You Make Good Compost
- Vermicomposting: Raising Worms to Compost Your Waste
- Ecologist Until Death? Choose the Cardboard Casket for Your Funeral!
- Advantages and limitations of Cardboard Caskets
- How Do You Recognize an Eco-Constructor?
- Read This Before Considering Renewable Energy At Home!
- How Compost Is Ecological and Good for Your Garden
- COMPOSTING: SIMPLE AND NATURAL WAY TO SAVE OUR PLANET
- 5 Ways to Limit Your Ecological Footprint on Vacation