Have You Heard of Gold Recycling?
– Gold recovery: many advantages
– Recovering gold: a new profession
– Risky operation for the seller: beware of scams
Recovering gold is useful and very profitable.
The recycling of waste is done according to the type of material:
– gold recovery,
– recovery of metals,
– plastic recycling, etc.
Gold recovery: many advantages
Gold recycling has many advantages. This precious metal has been used to make jewelry for hundreds of years.
Gold: a safe haven
The gold market remains, above all, a business. In times of crisis, traders fall back on the gold industry as a safe haven. The price of gold bullion has been rising steadily since the 1970s.
Gold recovery: is it a good thing for the planet?
The extraction of gold from mines is highly polluting and costly:
– for 20 tons of mining waste: 415 kg of CO2 is released into the atmosphere.
A significant amount of water, sulfur oxide, and gasoline is required to extract a small amount of gold. In addition, wild extraction (gold panning) is increasing:
– gold miners use mercury to extract the gold from the mines,
– This leads to ecological disasters in the most natural regions of the world.
A growing market in perpetual development
Gold remains the most profitable precious metal in the world to recycle. Recycling the current stocks would make it possible to satisfy the demand. But gold mining is intensifying, and gold panning is multiplying as demand continues to grow.
Recovering gold: a new profession
More and more professionals (more or less serious) are specializing in collecting gold for recycling.
This collection of gold is, above all, addressed to the private individuals eager:
– to get rid of their old jewelry or their dental crowns,
– and to earn some money.
Several types of trade of this type exist:
– merchants with a street address,
– online businesses.
First, the trader must estimate the value of the goods offered. If the dealer and the reseller agree, the transaction is carried out. The jewel undergoes a particular treatment:
– refining: purified, cleaned, sanitized,
– the resale to jewelers.
The trader must draw up a contract specifying the identity and contact details of the seller, the date, the weight of the object, and, if applicable, the purity of the metal. It must include a detachable withdrawal form. The salesman has 48 hours to retract.
Risky operation for the seller: beware of scams
You should look twice before selling your jewelry online or by mail order. The resale of gold, especially on the web, is very successful, but evil people sometimes take advantage of this opportunity to launch scams.
Before entrusting your gold jewelry
– make sure the appraisal is done by a licensed professional,
– consult the general sales conditions for any online resale
– Check the store’s credibility (brand image on the Internet, for example).
- How Are Cans Recycled?
- Which Plastics Can Be Recycled?
- Paper Recycling: How Is It Done?
- How Can I Contribute to Bulb Recycling?
- Cardboard Recycling: What Is It All About
- FAQs about Cooking Oil Recycling
- FAQs about Composting
- 7 Easy Ways to Reduce Ocean Plastic Pollution
- 5 Ways to Convert Excrement into Environmentally-Friendly Use
- Why are Bees Important to our Planet
- A Guide to Using Plastic Containers
- How Do You Make Good Compost
- Vermicomposting: Raising Worms to Compost Your Waste
- Ecologist Until Death? Choose the Cardboard Casket for Your Funeral!
- How is Glass Recycling Done?
- Why Is Car Battery Recycling So Important?
- Save Our Planet: Recycle Your Cooking Oil!
- Advantages and limitations of Cardboard Caskets