– What is recycling?
– Good practices in waste collection and recycling
The quality of recycled products is equal to that of new products
Buying ecologically allows us to preserve our planet while promoting our health. It must be accompanied by an adapted treatment of waste, in particular by selective collection and recycling.
What is recycling?
Recycling is a process for treating waste (industrial or household waste).
These are generally products that are recycled at the end of their life. This has the following objectives
– reduce the volume of waste that generates pollution,
– protect our planet by preserving its natural resources.
Recycled products can be paper, clothing, plastic, glass, mechanical parts, etc. Recycled products are therefore made from recovered materials.
Good practices in waste collection and recycling
Good recycling practices can be done at home, at the office, when we shop, and in our garden with the proper waste collection:
– Recycling begins with the selective sorting of our household waste and garbage: batteries, ink cartridges, paper, glass, and plastic, taking into account the different instructions.
– I can deposit my waste and bulky items in a disposal center near my homes, such as leftover paint, used solvents, or used oil.
– I don’t want to dump my waste to preserve my environment.
– I bring back unused or expired medicines and their packaging to my pharmacist.
– Bringing back objects that I no longer need or that have reached the end of their life allows the materials that make them up to be recycled.
– I participate in collecting toys, books, and clothing to help the less fortunate.
Please note that the syndic should inform the co-owners about the local rules applicable to sorting household waste and the terms of access to the waste collection centers on which the co-ownership depends.
This information must be posted in a visible way in the spaces assigned to the disposal of household waste by the occupants of the condominium and be transmitted at least once a year to the tenants and co-owners.
At the office
– I participate in recyclable products such as ink cartridges.
– I prefer electronic mail and avoid printing paper.
– I favor using recycled paper when necessary because I save more than 2 tons of wood, 100 m3 of water, and 200 kg of oil from manufacturing one ton of paper by buying recycled paper.
– I do my shopping with a basket or a reusable bag.
– I prefer to buy renewable and recycled products and materials.
In my garden
– I use natural and organic products to maintain my garden, and I ban fertilizers that contain pesticides.
– I make compost.
Read more on recycling:
- Why Is Car Battery Recycling So Important?
- What Do Recycling Symbols Mean?
- What Types of Plastics Can Be Recycled?
- How is Glass Recycling Done?
- Save Our Planet: Recycle Your Cooking Oil
- How Can I Contribute to Bulb Recycling?
- How is Glass Recycling Done?
- Paper Recycling: How Is It Done
- Have You Heard of Gold Recycling?
- How Is Waste Being Recycled?
- How Are Clothes Recycled;
- Ecologist Until Death? Choose the Cardboard Casket for Your Funeral!
Hope you like this post. Please let us know in the comments below if you would like to read about something in particular, and we’ll get back to you asap! Also, remember to share your thoughts about this post! We will be coming up with more articles on recycling in our following posts.