Everyone is responsible for taking care of the environment and everyone should feel accountable for. Though we are already of the environmentally friendly process that exists to reduce our carbon footprint or to minimize the amount of waste we produce. Well, there are a lot of people who are still unaware of the new and upcoming technologies that we can use to reduce carbon emission and one of them is the LED lights. It provides many environmental advantages and we are going to know more about it below.
- No toxic elements – LED lights contain no toxic elements unlike other and more commonly used means of lighting such as fluorescent light. It is known that traditional lights contain noxious toxins, such as mercury that is harmful to your vision and psyche. There are millions of disposed lamps that end up in landfills every year, as lamps containing mercury degrade their mineral deposits seep into the ground affecting the local ecosystem.
- Energy efficient – LED lights consume very low amounts of power and it is statistically proven that when comparing the energy-efficiency of different lighting solutions, LED is more energy-efficient. The amount of light emitted per unit of power is very less compared to the traditional bulbs. LED lights use 95% of energy for light and only 5% is wasted on heat. Along with reduced energy consumption, there is also a reduction in the number of greenhouse gases emitted each year. LED light bulb requires less power than a traditional light, meaning that only 38 watts is used in LED compared to 84 watts in traditional bulbs.
- Greater lifespan – Traditional light bulbs need to be changed every now and then, replacing them means harming the environment and costing you more money. LED light bulbs have a greater lifespan than traditional bulbs, that is six times longer than traditional ones. It also reduced the number of replacements and lowers the costs and amount of necessary resources for manufacturing, packaging, and transportation. There is less carbon emission. Consider replacing your traditional bulbs with LED light bulbs and enjoy the benefits of having to change a light bulb every 5-10 years.
- Produces less heat – LED lights have a better quality of light distribution and focus light in one direction as opposed to other types of lighting. Traditional lighting wastes energy by emitting light in every direction even where it is not needed. LED lights provide a brighter room with fewer light bulbs and it also produces less heat as compared to traditional lights.
- Affordable and maintenance – LED lights are now affordable as every household in the country and worldwide are using it. Unlike traditional lighting, LED lights require less maintenance as compared its counterpart. It is a huge time-saver as there is less money spent on servicing and repairs.