Do you want to flash your phone and reinstall Android OS? Read this post to know how to reinstall Android OS on phone using PC, in a couple of minutes.
SP Flash Tool does download the firmware from here. not require an active internet connection once downloaded and extracted on your computer. However, you will need an internet connection to download the tool and firmware, custom ROMs, or recovery images that you intend to flash onto your device. Once everything is done, click the “Download” button to start flashing the stock firmware on your MediaTek Android device. The flashing process could take a few minutes to finish, depending upon your device’s firmware file size.
- Not to mention, the development team has worked really fast on bringing Android 13 this time and it’s available for several devices.
- Sadly, the Galaxy S9 series isn’t included in the list.
- It not only develops ROMs for smartphones, but also for tablets and Windows devices like Surface Pro.
- Every smartphone brand has a unique firmware format, and the boot.img location on a firmware might also change.
Additionally, you will no longer receive the official firmware update. Note that this is a risky process, and your phone might get stuck into a boot loop. Are you ready to use ADB and Fastboot for flashing custom firmware on your Android phone? Installing using custom recoveries is only possible if your device has boot ramdisk. Installing Magisk through custom recoveries on modern devices is no longer recommended.
- This is necessary as implementing such complicated flashing is risky and may increase the possibility of soft bricking your phone.
- Currently, it supports EX4, TWRP, and CWM recovery and doesn’t work for non-rooted devices.
- Tap the one you want and you’ll see the following screen.
- If you decide to boot into the actual recovery mode, long press volume up until you see the recovery screen.
- If you have any queries relating to the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below.
You can change the 0 to any other number or leave it as it is (ROM_0). Select the location you wish to save the ROM_0 file and click Save. Open the SP Flashtool folder and launch flash_tool.exe SP Flashtool should now open. Unpack the MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.3 and SP Flashtool you downloaded above so as to access its contents. I wasn’t able to find anything but maybe I used poor search terms or a good app is in another repository but not in the official F-Droid repo. It offers the same AOSP experience that’s exclusive to Google’s lineup, along with truly tested features. Since crDroid is based on LineageOS at its base, the performance and battery life are phenomenal.
As it is a flashable zip file, you need a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device. For XZ dual recovery to work, make sure your bootloader is locked. Recovery mode is like Windows safe mode, but it far more advanced.