Environment plays a vital role in our lives and, to protect our environment, we require people to come together, communicate, collaborate and converge their works to obtain the best results. There are various environmental NGOs that work hard to protect our environment and today, we shall learn more about them.
The Nature Conservancy
Founded in 1951, The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a US charitable environmental organization that works with the aim of preserving the flora, the fauna and natural communities that represent the wide and rich diversity of life on earth. The organization initially started with a simple mission – that of conserving the waters and lands on which all life depends –and today, this vision has grown into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. This global environmental non-profit organization is now home to more than a million dedicated members and a caring staff, including 400 scientists.
The organization’s mission:
Protect every river miles and land and support everything that help humans to take on the threats of climate change and global warming.
The organization’s vision:
Create a world where the diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfill our needs and enrich our lives.
- The nature organization has set certain aims and priorities for 2030 which include: avoiding the worst impacts of climate change, conserving enough habitats to slow down species loss, and safeguarding people.
- The organization is also aiming to finance a project that will provide Barbados with $50 million to assess and safeguard its marine assets for a sustainable future.
- A 2022 photo contest was launched by The Nature Conservancy.
- The organization also takes great pride in protecting and preserving the cultural heritage of North America.
- To help the future generation build a more sustainable future, the organization launched an eco-friendly tuna company.
- And, lastly, the organization is being praised all across the world for having protected more than 125 million acres of land.
“I was a LEAF Intern for the Nature Conservancy last year so I wasn’t there very long. However it was a very enjoyable experience. I worked outside nearly everyday and I personally loved that. Everything was paid for and the staff I met we’re incredibly kind.” – From Lenea
“I support them and I know others who do. I love that they preserve habitat from development. I think it benefits both nature and the humans who live in the area.” –From Elsa
“The principal objections that I have heard are that it removes land from the property tax rolls and from potential development. I’ve heard of cases where land was purchased with the expectation that it would be used for economic development, then set aside for conservancy.” – From Steve
“You can search The Nature Conservancy which according to me is has to be one of the best environmental NGO. This NGO was established in the year 1951 and their team compromises of homemakers, senior citizens, army, entrepreneur and many more. This NGO basically works for environment protection by protecting lands and rivers and creating sustainable solutions.” – From Vikram
“When you think of NGOs protecting the environment you think of The Nature Conservancy . It’s one of the largest non-violent, action taking environmental organizations in the world. Its focus is on climate change, sustainability, rivers, lands, and much more. This organization focuses on conserving land and species around the world, and has over 119 million acres of land worldwide.” – From Cheyne
“ Environment is important. Collaboration is important. And, the two need to merge together for the environment to be really protected and I think The Nature Conservancy is one of the best NGOs that is doing a good job.” – From Lana